- This event has passed.
New Tutor Virtual Orientation & Training
September 13 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
THIS IS A COMBO NEW TUTOR ORIENTATION AND NEW TUTOR TRAINING.
–New Tutor Orientation: 5:00 p.m.–5:40 p.m.
–Those who are interested in Zoom tutoring would then return to their screen for a 45-minute(ish) Virtual Tutoring Training Session, with a projected end time of 6:30 p.m.
• This Training and the start of our Fall 2022 session will be ONLINE through Zoom. Then starting on November 1, we plan to tutor on Tuesdays in-person and on Thursdays via Zoom.
• 24 hours before the start of the Orientation, a Confirmation Email w/ a ZOOM link will be emailed to anyone who has RSVP’d.
• Please login to the Zoom meeting at least a few minutes before the start time; we will begin the Training promptly at 5:00 p.m.
• BE PREPARED TO HAVE YOUR VIDEO TURNED ON THE ENTIRE SESSION.
• Three additional Volunteer Requirements need to be completed before tutoring with us, but do not need to be completed in order to attend this session. They can be found on the Volunteer Registration Page in Steps 2 & 3.
During Orientation we’ll cover the following items:
•Who SDRT is
•What we do & who we serve
•Tips for tutoring
During the Training session, we will go over everything needed to ensure our online Zoom tutoring sessions are successful. We will mainly be covering the following subjects:
1. How online tutoring will be structured
2. What to expect during a Zoom tutoring session with your student.
2. Tips & resources to aid in a successful tutoring session with your student
We currently need 32 more volunteers.