- This event has passed.
Sept. 16 New Tutor Virtual Orientation & Training
September 16 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
THIS IS A COMBO NEW TUTOR ORIENTATION AND NEW TUTOR TRAINING.
–New Tutor Orientation: 5:30 p.m.–6:15 p.m.
–Those who are still interested in joining our program would then tune back in for a 45-minute(ish) Virtual Tutoring Training Session, with a projected end time of 7:00 p.m.
• This Training and all Fall 2021 tutoring sessions will be ONLINE through Zoom; these will NOT be in-person gatherings.
• 24 hours before the start of the Refresher, a Confirmation Email w/ a ZOOM link will be emailed to anyone who has RSVP’d.
• Please login to the Zoom meeting at least a few minutes before the start time; we will begin the Training promptly at 5:30 p.m.
• BE PREPARED TO HAVE YOUR VIDEO TURNED ON DURING THE ENTIRE TRAINING.
• Three additional Volunteer Requirements need to be completed before tutoring with us. They can be found on the Volunteer Registration Page in Steps 2 & 3.
During Orientation we’ll cover the following items:
•Who SDRT is
•What we do
•Tips for tutoring
During the Training session, we will go over everything needed to ensure our online Zoom tutoring sessions are successful. We will mainly be covering the following subjects:
1. How online tutoring will be structured
2. What to expect during a Zoom tutoring session with your student.
2. Tips & resources to aid in a successful tutoring session with your student
We currently need 57 more tutors.