- This event has passed.
Sept. 3–Returning Tutor Refresher & Training–Virtual Session 4
September 3, 2020 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
THESE ARE FOR RETURNING TUTORS ONLY.
VIRTUAL ATTENDANCE OF ONE REFRESHER SESSION IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO TUTOR WITH US THIS SCHOOL YEAR.
PLEASE RSVP FOR ONLY ONE SESSION.
• All Refreshers and future tutoring sessions will be ONLINE through Zoom; these will NOT be in-person gatherings.
• A ZOOM link will be emailed after you RSVP, and at least 48 hours before the start of the Refresher.
• Please login to the Zoom meeting at least a few minutes before the start time; we will begin the Refresher promptly at 5:30 p.m.
• BE PREPARED TO HAVE YOUR VIDEO TURNED ON FOR THE DURATION OF THE REFRESHER.
• Attendance will be capped at 25 tutors per session with 7 sessions to choose from.
• Space is limited so if unable to attend, please cancel your RSVP by emailing us: [email protected]
BEFORE A RETURNING TUTOR SIGNS UP FOR A REFRESHER, AND AT THE START OF EACH SCHOOL YEAR, THE FOLLOWING SHOULD BE COMPLETED:
1. Tutors 18 & older: Pass a new Background Check. Start one HERE.
>>Tutors Under the Age of 18: Fill out a new Minors Registration Form.
2. Digitally agree to Code of Conduct
3. Digitally agree to Volunteer Release of Liability
COMPLETE STEPS 2 & 3 FROM YOUR PROFILE PAGE.
We will update you on what’s new as we prepare for our 2020-2021 Online Learning school year. We will also go over everything needed to ensure our online Zoom tutoring sessions are successful. We will mainly be covering the following two subjects:
1. What’s new this year within SDRT and our updated policies.
2. Zoom Training – how online tutoring will be structured; tips & resources to aid in a successful tutoring session.
We currently need 7 more volunteers.