- This event has passed.
Sept. 22 New Tutor Training–Virtual Session 1
September 22 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
THESE ARE FOR NEW TUTORS WHO HAVE PREVIOUSLY ATTENDED AN ORIENTATION.
VIRTUAL ATTENDANCE OF ONE ORIENTATION SESSION AND ONE TRAINING SESSION IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO TUTOR WITH US THIS SCHOOL YEAR.
PLEASE RSVP FOR ONLY ONE SESSION.
• This Training and future tutoring sessions will be ONLINE through Zoom; these will NOT be in-person gatherings.
• After you RSVP, a Zoom link will be emailed approx. 48 hours before the start of the Training.
• Please login to the Zoom meeting at least a few minutes before the start time; we will begin the Training promptly at 5:30 p.m.
• BE PREPARED TO HAVE YOUR VIDEO TURNED ON DURING THE ENTIRE TRAINING.
• Space is limited so if unable to attend, please cancel your RSVP by emailing us: [email protected]
BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR THIS TRAINING, PLEASE COMPLETE ALL FOUR VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS:
1. Attend a New Tutor Orientation (Sept 15 & 17)
2. Tutors 18 & older: Register with us and start a Background Check.
>>Tutors Under the Age of 18: Fill out a Minors Registration Form.
3. Digitally agree to Code of Conduct
4. Digitally agree to Volunteer Release
THE VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION PAGE HAS FURTHER INFORMATION ON COMPLETING THE ABOVE STEPS.
During this Zoom Training session, we will go over everything needed to ensure our online Zoom tutoring sessions are successful. We will mainly be covering the following subjects:
1. How online tutoring will be structured
2. What to expect during a Zoom tutoring session with your student.
2. Tips & resources to aid in a successful tutoring session with your student
We already have the max number of Volunteers we need for this session.
Please see our full Calendar for future Tutoring Opportunities.