- This event has passed.
Sept. 10–Returning Tutor Refresher & Training–Virtual Session 7
September 10, 2020 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
THESE ARE FOR RETURNING TUTORS ONLY.
VIRTUAL ATTENDANCE OF ONE REFRESHER SESSION IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO TUTOR WITH US THIS SCHOOL YEAR.
PLEASE RSVP FOR ONLY ONE SESSION.
• All Refreshers and future tutoring sessions will be ONLINE through Zoom; these will NOT be in-person gatherings.
• A ZOOM link will be emailed after you RSVP, and at least 48 hours before the start of the Refresher.
• Please login to the Zoom meeting at least a few minutes before the start time; we will begin the Refresher promptly at 5:30 p.m.
• BE PREPARED TO HAVE YOUR VIDEO TURNED ON FOR THE DURATION OF THE REFRESHER.
• Attendance will be capped at 25 tutors per session with 7 sessions to choose from.
• Space is limited so if unable to attend, please cancel your RSVP by emailing us: [email protected]
BEFORE A RETURNING TUTOR SIGNS UP FOR A REFRESHER, AND AT THE START OF EACH SCHOOL YEAR, THE FOLLOWING SHOULD BE COMPLETED:
1. Tutors 18 & older Pass a new Background Check. Start one HERE.
>>Tutors Under the Age of 18: Fill out a new Minors Registration Form.
2. Digitally agree to Code of Conduct
3. Digitally agree to Volunteer Release
COMPLETE STEPS 2 & 3 FROM YOUR PROFILE PAGE.
We will update you on what’s new as we prepare for our 2020-2021 Online Learning school year. We will also go over everything needed to ensure our online Zoom tutoring sessions are successful. We will mainly be covering the following two subjects:
1. What’s new this year within SDRT and our updated policies.
2. Zoom Training – how online tutoring will be structured; tips & resources to aid in a successful tutoring session.
We already have the max number of Volunteers we need for this session.
We'd love to add you to our Waitlist, though, so we can contact you if someone cancels! Please email us at [email protected]