Jan. 4—New Tutor Virtual Orientation & Training
January 4, 2022 @ 4:45 pm - 6:15 pm
THIS IS A COMBO NEW TUTOR ORIENTATION AND NEW ZOOM TUTOR TRAINING.
For the time being, we will be tutoring on Zoom only.
Once we are allowed to tutor in-person, we hope to return to that format but we do not know when that will be.
–New Tutor Orientation (NTO): 4:45 p.m.–5:30 p.m.
–5-minute break, with those who are still interested in joining our program returning to their Zoom screens
–Virtual Tutoring Training Session: 5:30 p.m.–6:15 p.m.
• This Training and all Fall 2021 tutoring sessions will be ONLINE through Zoom; these will NOT be in-person gatherings.
• 24 hours before the start of the Refresher, a Confirmation Email w/ a ZOOM link will be emailed to anyone who has RSVP’d.
• Please login to the Zoom meeting at least a few minutes before the start time; we will begin the Training promptly at 4:45 p.m.
• BE PREPARED TO HAVE YOUR VIDEO TURNED ON DURING THE ENTIRE TRAINING.
• Three additional Volunteer Requirements need to be completed before tutoring with us. They can be found on the Volunteer Registration Page in Steps 2 & 3.
• IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO COMPLETE A BACKGROUND CHECK BEFORE ATTENDING.
During Orientation we’ll cover the following items:
•Who SDRT is
•What we do
•Tips for tutoring
During the Training session, we will go over everything needed to ensure our online Zoom tutoring sessions are successful. We will mainly be covering the following subjects:
1. How online tutoring will be structured
2. What to expect during a Zoom tutoring session with your student.
2. Tips & resources to aid in a successful tutoring session with your student
We currently need 100 more tutors.